- A Parents' and Teachers' Guide to Bilingualism - added June '14
- Multilingual parenting, 12 things parents raising bilingual children need to know! - added June '14
- Bilingual children and dual language learning advice and tips - added Jun e'14
- National Literacy Trust, article on bilingual communication plus links to further articles - added June '14
- Lernspass fuer Kinder educational playful website, geography, sport, Europe
- Eltern De article (in German) how to help your child to learn
- Kinder Lobby at research about how children's brains learn
- Blinde Kuh
A fantastic collection of web pages for kids, including a search engines that produces links suitable for children, online games, activities, educational content etc.
- Kidsweb, another large collection of web pages for kids.
- Kindernetz, a similar web page by Suedwestfunk, one of the German TV channels. Lots and lots of resources!
- German Talking dictionary
Website to practice German vocabulary, expressions, the alphabet and numbers. Within each category, you can place the cursor over an image or text to hear it pronounced aloud.
- Goethe Institute
Online resources to practise German (Exercises for all levels, vocabulary trainer app, ...)
- Goethe Institute: Hans der Hase
Hans der Hase songs and lyrics to download (for free)
- Goethe Institute: German for children in reception class
Resources for German as a foreign language in reception class
- Goethe Institute: German for children in primary school
Resources for German as a foreign language in preschool
- Multikids. A collection of webpages for primary school kids.
- Abfrager. A website to train reading, maths, or DOW (Sachkunde) in German. Suitable starting from 1DE. Select: Grundschule-Klasse 1 (or 2), and choose the subject.
- Grundschulstoff. A website with downloadable work sheets for primary school topics in German (grammar and spelling), maths, and Sachkunde (discovery of the world).
- UK-German Connection. Website to create cultural bridges between the UK and Germany. With games, puzzles, quizzes and links for language learning.
- Duolingo - learn german for free
- Die Sendung mit der Maus - Sachgeschichten. Educational short films, here you can also find a collection on youtube.